About the project
1540 UPPER WENTWORTH | PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT
• 1540 Upper Wentworth St has eighty-five (85) existing townhouses. Fifteen (15)
existing townhouse units are proposed to be removed to accommodate the new multi-unit
building that will provide one hundred and twenty-six (126) units. The remaining seventy (70)
existing townhouses are to be retained. This will increase the onsite unit count to 196 units.
• The regeneration proposes a mix of units appropriate for several lifestyles including
seniors and families. The proposed multi-unit building includes 43 one-bedroom units,
74 two-bedroom units and 9 three-bedroom units.
• The proposed 8-storey building height will have less impact than what is anticipated due to the width of the public roads. To soften the scale of the proposed building and to ensure appropriate transition in height, the design includes building setbacks, yard setbacks, landscaping, and building articulation. Privacy will be protected as majority of the units do not face existing residential rear yards and no outdoor balconies are proposed.
• Hamilton East Kiwanis Non-Profit Homes will be relocating current residents living in units
scheduled for demolition to a comparable unit which meets their needs.
This is a mixed income community. Rents will range from subsidized Rent Geared to Income (RGI) to 120% of the Average Market Rent (AMR) for the area. All rents are considered affordable as they are well below the currently available market rents in the city.
• Residents near 1540 Upper Wentworth Street were invited to a virtual Open
House, hosted by Hamilton East Kiwanis Non-Profit Homes Inc. on April 6, 2021. The purpose of
the meeting was to share preliminary development proposal information prior to a formal
Zoning By-law Amendment application submission. Public consultation will continue
throughout the rezoning process and the micro website will be updated as needed.
To view the full site plan and planning application please follow the link below:
Your information will be kept private and will only be used to contact you with regards to your request.