Kiwanis Homes Inc. is grateful for the support and assistance of our funding partners.
Job Posting: Resident Coordinator
Kiwanis Homes, a well-established social housing provider in Hamilton, is looking for a Resident Coordinator to join the team. Reporting to the Property Manager, this position provides administrative support with respect to tenant placement, rent calculation procedures, maintenance-related and rent collection functions within Kiwanis Homes. This role provides customer services to tenants and applicants and is the primary source of contact for numerous tenant issues and requests.
ABOUT KIWANIS HOMES INC.
Kiwanis Homes Inc. is the third largest housing provider in the City of Hamilton, providing affordable rental housing for the citizens. With a mission to provide safe, sustainable housing communities for all families. Kiwanis offers a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package and pension plan.
The Resident Coordinator role has the following responsibilities:
- Provides customer service to tenants, applicants and the general public
- Processes maintenance issues by determining nature and severity of problem
- Coordinates the application process including verification of income, qualifications and assists residents in completing the application
- Arranges for existing and potential tenants to view unit vacancies in collaboration with staff
- Reviews and assesses documentation such as income verification to confirm eligibility of rent-geared to income subsidy
- Prepares new leases, new tenant files and inputs new tenant data into ERP program (YARDI)
- Reviews tenant eligibility and subsequent rent calculations on an annual basis
- Initiates rent collection process by creating arrears letters and N4's
- Prepares cheque requisitions for tenant refunds
- Receives maintenance requests, creates work orders and liaises with contractors and property managers to coordinate repairs and maintenance requirements
- Creates and distributes tenant correspondence
- Ensures tenants have been notified of annual lease renewal procedures, reporting obligations and completes lease signing process
- Provides a variety of administration duties including authorizing rent calculations, signing leases, chargeback invoices, ensuring all information is kept confidential, accurate and up to date
- Experience in property management support capacity specifically in rent calculations, property maintenance and tenant relation issues
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act and Housing Services Act or ability to learn
- Excellent communication and organizational skill
- Previous experience with using Yardi or related property management system is an asset
- Familiarity with the Landlord and Tenant Board process would be an asset
- Knowledge of other social programs such as Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP), Ontario Works (OW), CPP, OAS and investment vehicles such as RRSP and Annuities
- Experience with MS Office
- A team player who can also work independently
- Valid Class "G" Driver's License and provision of a vehicle for use on the job.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN THE TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this Resident Coordinator position go to https://hrfusioncareers.prevueaps.com/jobs/128136.html to start your application. We look forward to meeting you!
HR-Fusion and its clients are equal opportunity employers. We welcome applications from all qualified parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please call 1.866.527.2860.
Posted on: Dec 17, 2019