Kiwanis Homes Inc. are grateful for the support and assistance of our funding partners.
Job Posting: AP Clerk/Finance Assistant
, a well-established social housing provider in Hamilton, is looking for an AP Clerk/Finance Assistant
to join the team. This position is responsible for providing accounting, administrative and client services support for a growing organization. This position will have the opportunity to learn and develop all while working with an organization that is dedicated to improving the lives of residents!
ABOUT KIWANIS HOMES INC.
Kiwanis Homes Inc. is the third largest housing provider in the City of Hamilton, providing affordable rental housing for the citizens. With a mission to provide safe, sustainable housing communities for all families. Kiwanis offers a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package and pension plan.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration the AP Clerk/Finance Assistant role has the following responsibilities:
- Perform and administer the Accounts Payable function
- Process payments in accordance with expenditure controls in place
- Monitor and reconcile expenditures using the organization’s accounting information systems (AP Vendors specifically)
- Identify potential improvements to, or issues with, expenditures control procedures
- Record utility payments including pre-authorized and cheque payments
- Generate related documents and preliminary reports to submit for review
- Investigate with vendors and report on invoice irregularities
- Assist with coordination of renewal/expiry dates of agreements
- Assist in year-end processes by reviewing and summarizing general ledger accounts and preparing journal/reversing entries
- Administrative duties as related to AP and Accounting (file management, photocopying etc.)
- Occasionally act as front counter and telephone reception during staff members' absence.
- Post-secondary education in accounting or finance or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years accounting experience, including direct accounts payable experience
- Understanding of business routines and accounting processes
- Experience with MS Office with strong understanding of Excel and accounting software
- Past experience using Yardi or similar property management system is an asset
- Ability to use tact, diplomacy and able to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of Provincial and Federal legislation including current landlord and tenant legislation, social housing legislation, PIPEDA or willing to learn
- Strong analytical, decision-making and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and to meet deadlines
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN THE TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this AP Clerk/Finance Assistant position go to this link to start your application. We look forward to meeting you!
HR-Fusion and its clients are equal opportunity employers. We welcome applications from all qualified parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please call 1.866.527.2860.
Posted on: Nov 5, 2019