ABOUT KIWANIS HOMES INC.
Kiwanis Homes Inc. is the third largest housing provider in the City of Hamilton, providing affordable rental housing for the citizens. With a mission to provide safe, sustainable housing communities for all families. Kiwanis offers a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package and pension plan.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration the AP Clerk/Finance Assistant role has the following responsibilities:
- Perform and administer the Accounts Payable function
- Process payments in accordance with expenditure controls in place
- Monitor and reconcile expenditures using the organization’s accounting information systems (AP Vendors specifically)
- Identify potential improvements to, or issues with, expenditures control procedures
- Record utility payments including pre-authorized and cheque payments
- Generate related documents and preliminary reports to submit for review
- Investigate with vendors and report on invoice irregularities
- Assist with coordination of renewal/expiry dates of agreements
- Assist in year-end processes by reviewing and summarizing general ledger accounts and preparing journal/reversing entries
- Administrative duties as related to AP and Accounting (file management, photocopying etc.)
- Occasionally act as front counter and telephone reception during staff members' absence.
- Post-secondary education in accounting or finance or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years accounting experience, including direct accounts payable experience
- Understanding of business routines and accounting processes
- Experience with MS Office with strong understanding of Excel and accounting software
- Past experience using Yardi or similar property management system is an asset
- Ability to use tact, diplomacy and able to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of Provincial and Federal legislation including current landlord and tenant legislation, social housing legislation, PIPEDA or willing to learn
- Strong analytical, decision-making and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must have the ability to work independently and to meet deadlines
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN THE TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this AP Clerk/Finance Assistant position go to this link to start your application. We look forward to meeting you!
HR-Fusion and its clients are equal opportunity employers. We welcome applications from all qualified parties. If you are a person with a disability and have a question or require assistance with the application process, please call 1.866.527.2860.
It's inevitable, the season of snow and ice is here. In order for everyone to have a safe and comfortable winter, a little bit of preparation goes a long way. Please use this newsletter as a reminder of your responsibility to ensure that all walkways remain clear of snow and ice to ensure the safety of yourself, your family and others. (The City of Hamilton's Snow and Ice By-law No. 03-296 requires property owners and/or occupants to clear snow and ice from sidewalks adjacent to their property and from roofs that overhang the City sidewalk within 24 hours after the end of a snowfall.)More ->
We are currently searching for a Property Support and Quality Control position. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager the Property Support and Quality Control role is responsible for providing excellent customer service to tenants while being the first level of contact for the assessment of maintenance issues. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with an organization that is dedicated to improving the lives of residents from diverse backgrounds!
To find out more about this position and how to apply click here!
Sometimes your faith in humanity is renewed. Recently four young residents of Kiwanis Homes have started to do their own clean-up of their complexes.
Thanks so much to Morgan, Nicole, Logan and Liam. You guys are awesome.
We really appreciate the efforts of our residents who go beyond the normal expectations. Sometimes we can learn from our youngest residents.
Here is what they said about their efforts.
Why did you clean up your neighborhood?
- The survey gets dirty because people litter and i wanted to clean it up, my mom gave us gloves to use to pick up the garbage
- We play in our playground and i want to keep it clean
- Our earth needs to be healthy so we can be healthy
- I helped a big group of people do it so i wanted to do it more when they are not here to keep it clean
What do you like about where you live?
- I have a great park to play at in my survey and another one close to my house.
- I like the people here, I have a lot of friends.
- I like everything here, the park, my house, my friends.
- I like visiting Tina at the community house, she always lets me know what’s going on.